Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mommy got sick and JT met someone new.

I think I also caught some of JT’s pneumonia, I remember not feeling really well and not being able to go up there for a few days. I was always really cautious about germs and such. And with him just having pneumonia, I didn’t want to test the fates. I felt so bad when I couldn’t go see him. I really just wish that he had grandparents that were able to go see him. That would help with this load but, he didn’t and the rest of the family didn’t seem too interested either. But, that is another story for another part of this book.

Stacy my friend well, we pretended we were sister and she was his aunt. Ok, everyone knew she wasn’t and Vicky just laughed at us. But, Stacy was approved to go up there and hold him and spend time with him so that he didn’t feel neglected. And let me tell you something, the neglected part was all in my head. He always had someone talking to him loving on him, holding him. The NICU has wonderful volunteers that go in to hold the babies. They know the parents can’t be there all the time. And JT had all the same nurses and they loved him to pieces so, he was not being neglected in no way shape or form.
JT got to meet someone new also, Stacy’s husband Shaun. I betcha he was scared to death. Most men they just are. Sorry, I like to mess with him it is fun.

We found out a few days later that Dr. Goodwin would be attempting another surgery. Something wasn’t right and they needed to find out what. All the tests that they ran seemed normal.

When I had gotten up there that night it was the first time I had seen JT in about 5 days. The first thing he did was spit up all over me. Ok, I deserve that one. I got him cleaned up and then we were sitting and talking and I was tickling his chin and he smiled at me. A real honest to goodness smile. It made up for not being able to be there like he was telling me, Mommy it’s ok, I understand. And I still love you.

JT’s surgery was to be the next Thursday at 9:00 in the morning. I was scared, I was slightly relieved they were taking steps to find out what was wrong but, still scared. Bowel surgery is one of the hardest to recover from. And this would be his third one.

No comments:

Songs