Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pnemonia and another funny.

His cold turned into pneumonia and his right lung collapsed. So, they put him on C-pap which is just high flow oxygen. It helped to keep his lung inflated. And they also positioned him so that his lungs would be able to open up more so that they wouldn’t be constricted. He gave us scare after scare. His pulse ox would drop to about 37 then go back up again and the cough was horrible. He would no sooner get to sleep when he would have another attack and get woke back up again. This is one of the few times that I seen him crabby. As in he cried all the time. And there was nothing that I could do to help him. I couldn’t really hold him that much because he needed to be laying so he could breath better. We had many many talks about fighting this thing. He would just look at me as if to say I got this just give me a few days. They suctioned him a lot and oh man the stuff that came out of him. They deep suctioned him and got all of the secrections out and he was better for a little while till they built back up again. Let me say that Johnathan also had chronic lung disease because he was on the ventilator for so long. So, when he got hit with a cold he got hit bad that is why it turned into pneumonia. I remember being very upset because well, he was in a hospital and you aren’t supposed to catch anything in the hospital. You were in there to get better not get sick. But, you know, the hospital is where all the germs are and with his lying and not moving too much didn’t help either. We just prayed and knew God would see him through it.

God and prayers from many prayer warriors helped him heal and get through pneumonia. The cough lingered for a while longer, but, soon that was gone also.

During this time they were talking about surgery again for his bowels. He wasn’t digesting, his fistula was still leaking and they couldn’t figure out what was going on. They figured a better way to find out what was going on was to go straight to the source and have a look at it. I really didn’t want him to have surgery again, but, I was all for figuring out what was going on, and it did seem that that was the best solution, because if they go in and look maybe they can fix it while they are in there.

I remember one of my grossest memories. But, really funny. His fistula was covered by an ostomy bag. Well, I was holding JT and we were just a talking away when I felt like my shirt was soaked. I figured he peed on me. Oh no! His ostomy bag had came off. Let me tell ya, that stuff doesn’t smell too great. I thought I had broke something on him I was so scared. But, nope, he pooped on me. He finally pooped on me. Ok, it was out of the ostomy bag but, hey I got that memory too. We were all about making memories and that was one.

The ride home, now, that wasn’t so funny, but, me and Stacey laughed so hard with the windows down every now and then until we got home.

No comments:

Songs