Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A couple funny stories...

He was almost 4 months old at the time and he was a little more than 5lbs. He was growing by leaps and bounds. Even with no food. It was almost Christmas at this time. So, Stacy and I went in to do a little photo op and it was so much fun. We got him a preemie Santa Suit that was still oodles to big for him. I had sewn a blanket that had a beautiful picture and the words to Amazing Grace on one side and The Nativity scene on the other. We dressed him in a bunch of outfits that day it was so much fun just seeing him in clothes. We took a lot of pictures. When we left we went straight to Walmart and played with them and made 8x 10’s and regular sizes and calendars. The lady working at the photo center, I think was having as much fun as us. She started printing things that she thought would show better and we got a lot of pictures free. It was just so neat.

When I got home that night one of the nurses called me because me JT has some fuzz in his ostomy bag. You see the spot where he was leaking was leaking pretty badly so, they put an ostomy bag on it so that they could accurately measure what was coming out. It seems some how, some of the fuzz some how got in his mouth and well, she found it in his bag. We had a good laugh over that one. It was hilarious.

This is what happened the next night at the NICU. It is a hilarious story that I just copied out of my journal.

Well, last night at the hospital was a very humorous, fun night. Yes, there can be those up there. I walked in and was checking his diaper when I realized that he had spit up all over the place it was all over his head behind it on his forehead just whoa. Don't laugh but, for some reason I had it in my head that he couldn't do that, because he has the tube into his stomache draining his stomache of all fluids. Well, it must of gotten blocked and that is what happened ok, on to my little funny story here.
So, I freak out, and I ask where Vicky his nurse was, well, the other nurse across from him tried to call her and her phone was busy, so, she went to the front desk and paged her and told her get this. Mom Poling is requesting you and she only wants you. Noone else. Now, while all of this is happening Melissa had given me some warm water and I was giving him a shampoo and cleaning him up. Here comes Vicky rushing out. She is like what is so wrong that you have to take me away from food? Mind you you have to know Vicky she is a ball of energy and is very joking in a sarcastic sort of way. I told her, he spit up and I didn't think that he could. She is like Oh so, you pull me away from my food for spit up??? I said well, I had no idea he could. She said well, you have other kids didn't they ever puke on you? I said well of course but, well, he has the tube thing. She said yes, sometimes it get blocked. I said ok. Well, by this time there are four nurses over there and mister man is just screaming away and we are all laughing because seriously, I had no idea she was on lunch and I just wanted to make sure he was ok.
Well, I am laughing so hard I can hardly button his clothes up when all of a sudden, he does it again. Clean linen, clothes and all, so, he gets another bath. I am telling you he was the cleanest baby up there last night. Vicky finally took over though because of my laughing so hard I had wires crossed and coming out of places in weird different ways. he was so tangled up it was crazy. Well, we finally got him all settled and me and J.T. were talking and I was asking him if he loved momma and he would just smile and just kept giving me smiles. Now, I know it was gas it was followed by some really big ones. But, I tell you. It felt good just to see him smile and interact with me like he knew what I was talking about last night.
Now also, there is a running joke Don't talk to Mrs. Poling she will only talk to Vicky, she is the only one that she will talk to noone else help her. It was all in good fun and we laughed for hours about that one.

No comments:

Songs