Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My best friend and how she came to be..

JT made it through that surgery and recovery just fine. Every day was an accomplishment. For the next month we just watched him grow and talked with him. Not much changed in his care. I learned all about how they have to suction him and keep his vent clear. I changed as many diapers as I could, took temps. I got to hold him weekly when they changed his giraffe incubator. It was only for a few minutes but, it was great. He was gaining ounces everyday and getting bigger.


Around this time, I had taken Stacy up there. This is big Stacy who has become my best friend. I met her through a program that we both participated in with School. But, up until this time we were just acquaintances. We spoke at the outings and get togethers but, that was all. I seen her at a school outing at Chuck E Cheese. It was a fundraiser for the school and I was taking the girls. I took the pictures that I had of Johnathan so that I could show everyone. I sat down with her and showed her the pictures. She tells me later that she was afraid to ask if how he was because no one had told her if he survived or not. But, I guess I alleviated that fear when I started talking about him. We went out to breakfast one morning and I was just like do you want to go see JT. She said sure. Just like that. I remember taking her up there and I was totally scared. I was at a crossroads of sorts. I wanted people to meet him but, yet, I was afraid, because for one he was really small. Barely 2lbs and all the stuff hooked up to him. You could barely see him. I guess what I was trying to do what I always do protect everyone. But, I didn’t have to worry about that. She met him and totally fell in love with him. After that she went up with me to visit on a regular basis. And that began our friendship. She became my support system. She helped me make decisions she talked to doctors with me. She honestly was my lifesaver.

No comments:

Songs