Thursday, February 28, 2008

Well, Wednesday came and me and Stacy were there bright and early for his bowel surgery. When we got there we were really excited because they said with this surgery it wouldn’t be long before he would be able to go home. They were talking like if he tolerated his feeds and started bottle feeds than he would be able to go home by Christmas.

I got to walk him down again which I always did and gave him his bath before hand. Vicky always made sure that I got to do that. I love her for that. She always made sure that his bath was saved for me.
Well, we went down. Stacy (my friend), was with me and we waited in the room and talked to the anesthesiologist. Ladi dodi do. I could explain all of that to him. If he would have asked. Dr. Goodwin came in and explained what was going to happen. Did the stitch it and let it drop scenario again.

And well, JT had this other little problem. I really don’t discuss it much with other people because well, it is a personal problem. But, well, since this is the story of his life I suppose that I can tell you. He had Hypospadius. Now , for those of you that don’t know what it is. Here is the explaination. I hope I can explain it in the right terms. His urethra was situated in the wrong place. Now his penis looked normal. But, the part where he urinated out of was at the base.

We asked Dr. Goodwin if he was going to fix that yet and if he could be circumsized. That man flat out told us, nope it’s too small. We are probably going to have to wait until he is older and bigger. Ok, lost it I was laughing uncontrollably. Seriously. That laugh took some of the stress out of me. After all they say laughter is the best medicine and it truly is. It releases a lot of tension.

Well, they took him back and it only took about an hour and 15 minutes.

Dr. Goodwin came out to talk to us and told us that everything went good. Everything flowed through the way it was supposed to and that he did it a few times just to make sure. Now, all we had to do was wait for bowel sounds and his first bowel movement and then we would know.

We waited in the hall for him to be wheeled back up. And they wheeled slowly passed us and let us know that he did great. I got to look and make sure for myself. They went up the back way and me and Stacy ran to the elevator so that we could watch them get him situated through the window. There is these little table and chairs for the kids and we sat at them and just watched but, acted like we weren’t. He went back on the warmer got him hooked up to the vent on it and took a bunch of vitals and then we were allowed to go in and see him.

No comments:

Songs