Friday, February 29, 2008

After the surgery

When we got in there he was out he had a paralytic to keep him still and on top of the anesthesia and the pain medication well, let’s just say he had no idea what was going on and wasn’t feeling anything. Stacy and I stayed as long as we could we talked to him and held his hand. I washed his eyes and lips because he was a little gunky. I did that a lot too. I don’t know something about using those little tubes of saline, I felt like a nurse I guess. Actually, I didn’t like for him to be dirty but, it was fun getting a 4X4 and opening that little vial thing that made me feel like I was doing something.

I kinda ticked a nurse off because I thought she was hurting him by moving him. I didn’t think it was necessary but, I told JT I said if she hurts you just kick her. I was really being funny but, I think she took me seriously. But, if anyone knows me they know I joke a lot. Especially if I am stressed. I told her goodbye and she didn’t even speak to me. I called up to check on him and everytime she was busy. I finally got the lady at the desk to get a report for me. I was ticked. You don’t ignore me when I am trying to find out about my child. Well, people heard about it the next day. Well, actually that evening. Yes, I ran my mouth. But, well, something had to be done about that one.

Well, I called up the next morning and found out that he came off of the vent pretty much after we left. He came off at 2:00 we left a little bit before 2. He was fighting it and they took it out. We seemed to follow a pattern after that. Every surgery he wanted that thing out when he came out of his sedation. Which who can blame him. He got a taste of what it was like without it and he wasn’t going to go on it again, unless he had to and even then I don’t think he would if he had a choice.

Well, after his surgery was just watching the incision and listening for bowel sounds and waiting. He actually had bowel sounds that night they were faint but, he had them. I remember Gena telling me that they were there she heard them.

No comments:

Songs